Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Trust Me on This--the complete and utter hypocrisy of Obama in verse

by Tarzana Joe from June 15

As the Obama Speech was not well received even by the mainstream media, strangely, the White House has reached out to me to put a little rhyme into his reasoning.

Here’s what I’ve come up with. I wonder if they’ll like it.

Trust Me on This

I ran to bring the middle class, A future warm and sunny

To give you all that you deserve, I’ll have to take your money

The best economists agree, The science has been settled

In four more years along this path, The path will be rose-petalled

Some may suggest another way, But let’s all quit pretending

The way to lower deficits, Is drunken-sailor spending


I know you’ve heard some guarantees, And even more reneging

The hole is getting deeper, But I say let’s just keep digging

To learn from our reversals, Is a quest not worth pursuing

We know what caused the crisis, It’s all George Bush’s doing

The downturn of 2008, We Democrats can fix

The way we made things better, When we won 2006

So live life by the lesson, So pervasive in this town

When what you’ve tried is failing, That’s the time to double down

I’m certain as I’ve ever been, At least there’s not much doubt there

I’m sure if we look hard enough, There’s more Solyndra’s out there

I have a plan that can not fail, To get this country cooking

The unemployment rate will drop, If more of you stop looking

I know my term has been defined, By blood and sweat and tears

But I promise you the future, If you give me four more years

No comments:

Post a Comment