Wednesday, January 31, 2024

I Don’t Really Care Who The Nominee Is

I Don’t Really Care Who The Nominee Is

 

AP Photo/Evan Vucci

There’s a lot of in-fighting in the Republican Party right now, as there is during every primary season. Camps form around various candidates and non-candidates, with wishes being cast for every camp, including many that just seem insane – honestly, is there anyone remotely associated with the GOP who is NOT named Cheney, who thinks Liz Cheney should run anywhere aside “out-of-town” or on a treadmill? 

Personally, I don’t care. I have my preference, but I have been and will forever remain firmly committed to the “anyone but the Democrat” vote, first and foremost.  

I do take some comfort in knowing the nominee will not be some people. As insane as it seems, some people in Iowa voted for Asa Hutchinson (191 lost souls, to be exact), and even fewer voted for Chris Christie, who’d dropped out of the race the week before. 

As shocking as that seems, Ryan Binkley got more votes than Hutchinson and Christie combined by more than a factor of three – with 774. Why or how, I have no idea. If he had somehow won the nomination, I’d vote for him with as big of a smile that I could slap on my face as possible. 

Why? Not because I’m unprincipled – I don’t honestly know what Binkley stands for, nor do I care – it’s because I am principled, and my principles tell me that any Republican is better than every Democrat. There’s no wiggle room on that. 

Is that to say there aren’t any good Democrats out there? Yes, actually, there aren’t any good Democrats out there. There are some Democrats who aren’t as bad as others, but ultimately, that’s like defending Fidel Castro by saying, “At least he’s not as bad as Hitler!” 

All Democrats are terrible; some just suck a little less than others. Pennsylvania Senator John Fetterman, for example, is semi-rational on the issues of supporting Israel and at least acknowledging the need for border security, and what Joe Biden has done is not that. Would Dr. Oz have been better as a Senator? Yes. By leaps and bounds? Probably not, but better is better.

So, it doesn’t matter to me who, after all the mess of the primary, legal battles and whatever else happens (because, honestly, would anyone be surprised if ten different Earth-shattering events happened between now and summer?) I’m for the Republican nominee. 

Donald Trump? I’m in.

Nikki Haley? I’m in.

Ron DeSantis? I’m in.

A pile of wet newspapers? I’m in.

Obviously, I’d be more excited at the prospect of some more than others, but every single one of them is better than Grandpa-Showers-With-Daughter and his Willie Brown side-piece running mate.

This rule goes for everyone on the ballot, by the way. I don’t care who is running for Congress or mayor or school board; any Republican, no matter who they were endorsed or opposed by, as long as they’re the nominee, is better than any Democrats. 

I’m for the candidates who oppose open borders and won’t even associate with the party that supports it. I’m for the candidate who stands against child sexual mutilation. I stand with the candidates who look at graphic depictions of sex in books in elementary school libraries and recoil in disgust against people who’d buy their kid's adult-child how-to sex drawings in the name of “celebrating diversity.” 

If what you stand for would’ve gotten your ass kicked ten years ago by an angry parent and no jury, at least back then, would’ve convicted them, I’m against you. And while there are some Republicans who are not as strong as they should be on these issues – looking at you, Governor Mike DeWine of Ohio – they are few and far between, whereas the embrace of perversion over education is a pillar of the Democratic Party now.

If you have the support of “educators” with a compulsion to tell children about their sex lives or who seek validation for their mental delusions from children, I’m against you. And I will always be against you.

I’m not alone; I’m not unique. So, whoever you support or support in this process, get the anger that is necessarily instilled in us out of your system and get ready to beat the hell out of the Democrats. Every candidate’s supporters can be very obnoxious; some simply have no idea or ability to turn it off or tone it down. Ignore them. This fight is bigger than some random douchebag on Twitter who will never kiss a girl; this is about saving the country from the rotten destruction within the Democrats.

I’m happy to have the fight over the direction of the party; it’s a fight I think needs to be had, but not until the left is vanquished. After that, the game on. Until then, focus on our real enemy.  

https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2024/01/29/i-dont-really-care-who-the-nominee-is-n2634298?utm_source=thdailyvip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=15803c7fc8c68b6fd1f0a5e7f4b59fc49df45d48335d4339ad60f7b0a0c7404d&recip=28668535

No comments:

Post a Comment