Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sometimes You Just Have To Do Something…

Sometimes You Just Have To Do Something…

Further to the ongoing debate over school safety, gun control, etc., one of my daughters texted me this graphic:



I think the emerging consensus is that the best way to protect schools is by ensuring that at least one or two responsible adults in each school are armed. Of course, it will take some time to implement that consensus. Teachers, administrators and custodians can’t be trained overnight.
In the meantime, I sympathize with liberals who say we need to do something right now…something like banning random types of firearms, for no particular reason. No, seriously–I get the fact that sometimes we need to do something, just to make a statement…to show that we care…even if what we do is only symbolic. I agree that this is such a time. So this morning, I joined the NRA.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/12/sometimes-you-just-have-to-do-something.php

No comments:

Post a Comment