Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Hopelessness of the Left

The Hopelessness of the Left

by John Schroeder


Yesterday was a bit too close for comfort personally. I was working less than 20 miles away as events went down in San Bernardino. Thankfully I knew nothing of those events until a couple of hours later when I turned on the radio in my vehicle as I started to head back to the office. Like Hugh, I know of and have been in the building where the shooting occurred. Though I was never in any real danger, this one has a personal feel to it. “There but for the grace of God…” is all too serious in this mass shooting.
So as the police are saying the “motives are a mystery” (Seriously? Muslims shoot up a Christmas party and you don’t have a clue?) and Obama makes the same vacant and soulless statements, I look at the Left in a new light. No, they can’t acknowledge evil for what it is, but rather than argue philosophy or politics, today that just makes me very, very sad.
Christmas is a season of hope. This is Advent and we Christians anticipate the coming of the Savior of the world. That gives us the ability to stand up in the middle of this mayhem and know that things can be better, will be better. But the Left, whether religion-less or practicing a deeply compromised faith, does not have such hope. They have no hope for the people that killed so many yesterday, the best they can do is desire to take away their weapons.
Have you ever wondered how God intends to beat “swords into plowshares?” See, I don’t think it is quite as direct or literal as so many seem to want it to be. God did not come to stop war or its micro-offshoots as we saw yesterday. God came to fix us and change us on such fundamental levels that humanity no longer desires to war and we have no need to defend ourselves from it. That is the most hope filled message I have ever heard.
But the Left doesn’t get that – they just want to get straight to the re-purposing of the weapons, ignoring that as things currently stand when you do not give a young boy a toy gun, a Barbie becomes a gun, or that these “shooters” were busy building bombs from stuff you can get at the hardware store. They fail to acknowledge how fundamental the problems really are because they have no hope for changing people on such a fundamental level.
So today I pray for the victims and the victims families. I mourn with them. But I also pray for those that have no hope. There is hope, they just have to look in the right place, and I pray earnestly that they will.

http://www.hughhewitt.com/the-hopelessness-of-the-left/#more-29544

No comments:

Post a Comment