Saturday, November 14, 2015

Without God…

Without God…

 by John Schroeder

…we will talk about what happened in Paris in all sorts of ways, but we will never label it for what it really is – Evil
Without God we will rationalize what happened in Paris when all we should do is condemn it.
Without God there will be countless explanations for what happened in Paris and none of them will involve us.
Without God our gratitude for the fact that it was over there instead of here will outweigh the sorrow we feel for those who lost their lives.
Without God this is “really their problem.”
Without God fear will paralyze us, and worse we’ll feel justified in our paralysis.
Without God in the wake of what happened in Paris the words of Jeremiah will ring all too true, “They have healed the brokenness of My people superficially, Saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ But there is no peace.”
But with God, I can pray with David:
Hear my cry, O God;
Give heed to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a refuge for me,
A tower of strength against the enemy.
Let me dwell in Your tent forever;
Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Selah.
And so I do pray as this day of horror ends. Please pray with me.

http://www.hughhewitt.com/without-god/

No comments:

Post a Comment