Friday, July 5, 2013

Pro-Abortion Wendy Davis Backers Tell Legislator “I Hope Your Daughter’s Raped”

Pro-Abortion Wendy Davis Backers Tell Legislator “I Hope Your Daughter’s Raped”


by Steven Ertelt
Death threatens, harassing emails and phone calls and calls for their daughters to be raped are among the hate targeted at pro-life lawmakers from the small contingent of abortion activists upset that Texas would consider banning abortions on babies at viability.
National Review has more details:
“My favorite one was probably this female who said that she couldn’t wait to see Representative Stickland so that she could pummel my face in,” he tells me.
He brought some male supporters into the office during the day of the filibuster because he didn’t want the women who work there to be alone.
“We brought in extra people to make sure the office was going to be safe,” he says.
He tells me he was also concerned for his personal safety during the filibuster. He and a few other pro-life representatives went onto the Senate floor during the filibuster and couldn’t leave until 1:30 am because they were afraid of the crowd. Protesters in the gallery yelled threats and verbal abuse at him, he says.
“Everywhere I went, they were tweeting pictures of ‘Stickland’s in the elevator’ or ‘Stickland’s on the move,’” he says.
They couldn’t move around the Capitol without security because of safety concerns.
“It was horrendous,” he says, adding that he was “absolutely” worried about being the target of violence. “I continue to be very concerned about it,” he adds.
He says he and members of his staff have taken extra measures to protect themselves, and added that they are all licensed to carry concealed handguns. I asked him if he would be carrying a weapon during the special legislative session, and he said he couldn’t answer that question legally.
“I very, very often do concealed-carry, I can say that,” he adds.
State senator Donna Campbell, who issued the third point of order against Davis’s filibuster (which ended it), has also been the target of extensive verbal abuse from pro-choice protesters, according to her spokesman Jon Oliver.
They’ve received Facebook messages and e-mails saying, “I hope you’re raped” and “I hope your daughter’s raped,” Oliver tells me.
The protesters at the Texas capitol have already exploited children by making them hold signs supporting their protest against a ban on late-term abortions. Today the Internet is abuzz with shock and disgust over another sign, along with a video showing abortion activists chanting Hail Satan.
Meanwhile, a little girl is shown in a picture along with pro-abortion protestors holding a sign saying, “If I wanted the government in my womb, I’d f— a senator.”
Abortion advocates protested at the state capitol but pro-lifers drowned them out with signing of Amazing Grace. The paid protesters opposing the late-term abortion ban in Texas are also  doing more than rallying outside the legislature against the pro-life bill. They’re threatening pro-life state legislators and their staffers.
A state committee passed the bill to ban late-term abortions at 20 weeks late last night.

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/07/02/pro-abortion-wendy-davis-backers-tell-legislator-i-hope-your-daughters-raped/

No comments:

Post a Comment