Saturday, August 22, 2009

This is why we don't believe a word from Obama

From Andy McCarthy via NRO, from 8/11:

"Obama today: "I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter because frankly we historically have had a employer-based system in this country, that's private insurers."
Obama in 2003: "I happen to be a proponent of single-payer, universal health care plan."

"Here's Obama in 2007:
"My commitment is to make sure that we've got universal health care for all Americans by the end of my first term as president. I would hope that we can set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort, but I don't think we're going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There's going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out.

"And here he is again in 2003:

" And that's what Jim's talking about when he says, "Everybody in, nobody out," a single payer health care plan, universal health care plan. That's what I'd like to see..."

No comments:

Post a Comment