Monday, November 16, 2009

Things some of the anti-warriors really believe

As stated in Monday's column, here are some profound and incisive observations from the folks that talked to me on Saturday, October 31, at their weekly "Peace Vigil" in front of the do-nut shop at Oak and Main:

The signs were rather stock-in-trade for anti-warriors: "Bring them back home," "Bring them back alive," " Vet for peace," "War kills the future," and "Health care not warfare."

The question on whether American military deaths were ever for a good cause prompted one gentleman to offer that they have always been for the purpose of "perpetuating empire on earth" starting with the war against Indians, or Native Americans, if you will.

President Obama came in for some critical remarks with admonishments to "Show some leadership" and to not be "wishy washy on his agenda." A comment was made to the effect that "war is not the purpose" of his presidency, I guess.

On woman who would not talk to me contended that I twisted the responses of the anti-war folks 4 years ago when I conducted a previous poll. I insisted I had not in any way misrepresented the answers given to me in the questions I posed at that time. I still have the raw poll question sheet with their answers, as well as the column from Nov. 21, 2005, and offered it to the woman to point out how exactly I did what she alleged. As I expected, she had no interest in backing up her accusation with actual evidence or analysis of what I wrote. That means her assertion was nothing more than a bit of hyperbolic, anecdotal and unsupportable opining and aspersion without merit.

Do spend some time if you are here at Polecat News and Views to peruse the posts which I think you will find to be, as I state, some of the best commentary I can find from around the web, on the most burning issues of current controversy. Very little of it will you find emanating from the mainstream media (MSM), whose job of digging for the truth, no matter who is made uncomfortable and transparently disingenuous, has been blatantly surrendered on the altar of their new role as transcribers and public relations arms for the Obama/Democrat ruling elite.

No comments:

Post a Comment