Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gray: "I expressed no intimidation towards Mr. Polson, I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of Mr. Polson."

Me: Disproved, already.

Gray: "My letter addressed Mr. Polson's hypocrisy, not his "factual statements" in portraying himself "as a great supporter and admirer of veterans and their foreign campaigns. A position that was 180 degrees different than his position and ideas when protesting the Vietnam War"

Me: Any intellectually honest person would find nothing wrong with my changing my "position and ideas" but intellectual honesty is not what we are dealing with here, unfortunately

Gray: "He continues, "Many Americans, protesters included, honestly felt a sense of duty to protest then" and "to try and equate my peaceful protest with protesters that Mr. Gray encountered, was an unwarranted cheap shot and low blow." He makes it sound like his protest activities were as patriotic and good as someone enlisting in the military to support the war against the North Vietnamese. So I suppose that means that there were two types of protesters, good protesters like Mr. Polson and bad protesters like the ones I encountered.

Me: I did no such thing as equating protesting with military service and to suggest that is sheer dishonest manipulation of my words. Yes, there are different kinds of protest, peaceful excercise of the Constitutional right, and that done to subvert. We saw both kinds then, and both kinds over Iraq. I did engage in the former, not the latter. I can't begin to fathom the hate and vituperation that resides in Mr. Gray for anything I have written or done, but there it is on display.

Gray: "Mr. Poson continues,"Yes, I have written and believe that the protest movement against the Vietnam War was, intentionally or not, knowingly or not, an expression of useful idiot-ism in service to the communist enemies fighting us. I didn't know that then." It strains the bounds of credibility that Mr. Polson was so naive and innocent that he didn't know what the ramifications of his protest actions were.

Me: Who the hell are you to pass judgement on whether I'm lying about what I knew. Save it for someone who is a provable liar, like, oh, Barack Obama, but only when his lips are moving.

Gray:"But here is the real kicker. Mr. Polson then states, "So if I'm castigated for peaceful protestings after which I expressed my regret and became a supporter of America and our military." By these very words he proves that he knew that by his actions he was NOT suppoting America or the military. He says this again when he criticizes Sen. John Kerry "who did far more than I ever could have dreamed of, to undermine our military in Vietnam." This about a man who served in Vietnam and was awarded three Purple Hearts and the Silver Star.

Me: Again, I "proved" no...such...thing. Man, can't you read simple grammar? Swift boat vets disproved a lot of what Kerry's record was but I wouldn't have a bad thing to say if he hadn't encouraged our enemies by making false statements to Congress (a felony) about made-up atrocities by American soldiers. He associated with VVAW when they were plotting to kill a senator or something, AND HE DESCRIBED WHAT OUR TROOPS WERE DOING AS "TERRORIZING IRAQIS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT". Dispicable.

Gray: Mr. Polson then finishes with the absurd observation that "I have nothing to be ashamed of, Mr. gray, and could prove the amounts of money and other forms of support I give for our local, as well as national military." I would love for Mr. Polson to explain his personal monetary support for our local and national military. Taxes? Gift Cards?

Me: I don't owe you a freakin' thing in the way of accounting for what I've done. Talk about arrogance to think I have to prove such a thing to someone who would end up doing nothing but insult whatever I provided, as he has twisted everything else. All to draw attention away from the pathetic, apologetic, enemy-sympathizing, weak and Carter-esque performance on the international stage by his apparent hero, Obama. Enough of you. Go whine somewhere else, and look like the vindictative complainer that you are, Mr. Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment